【1】写作不是写邮件。所以要正式。一定要避免“i”的出现！尤其是写essay，要客观，而不是表达你个人观点。错误例句：i think that social media…… 正确例句：social media often creates the illusion of relationships while leaving users feeling empty inside.
【2】不要用缩略词。比如 要用does not，而不是doesn’t
【3】不要用一个无聊的开头。比如 there are…… first，second……显得多么的苍白无力……不够“抓人”。错误例句：there are many reasons why coffee is popular.正确例句：coffee is well-loved for three reasons.
recently the phenomenon has become a heated topic
recently the problem has been brought into focus.
nowadays there is a growing concern over…
what calls for special attention is that…
it is common knowledge that…
it is well-known that…
many nations have been faced with the problem of…
according to a recent survey…
with the rapid development of…
from what has been discussed / mentioned above, we may conclude that…
therefore, it is not difficult to draw / come to the conclusion that…
as far as i am concerned, i agree with the latter opinion to some extent.
from all the seasons/ consideration above, it is clear/ obvious that…
taking into account all these factors, we may reach the conclusion that…
given the reasons/consideration i have just outlined/ discussed/ presented, i strongly recommend that…
all in all, what really matters is…
it is essential that effective measures be taken to…
from what has been discussed above, we may reasonably draw the conclusion that…
as a result, we should take some effective steps to…
judging by the figures/statistics, it is not difficult to see that…
it is true that…, but one vital point is being left out.
there is a grain of truth in these statements, but they ignore a more important fact.
some people say…, but it does not hold water.
many of us have been under the illusion that…
a close examination would reveal how ridiculous the statement is.
it makes no sense to argue for…
too much stress placed on… may lead to…
such a statement mainly rests onthe assumption that…
contrary to what is widely accepted, i maintain that…
no one can deny the fact that…
the idea is hardly supported by facts.
unfortunately, none of the available date shows…
recent studies indicate that…
there is sufficient evidence to show that…
according to statistics proved by…, it can be seen that…
a number of factors areaccountable for this situation/ contribute to (lead to)(account for) the phenomenon(problem)
the answer to this problem involves many factors.
the phenomenon mainly stems from the fact that…
the factors that contribute tothis situation include…
the change in… largely results from the fact that…
part of the explanations for itis that…
one of the most common factors(causes) is that…
another contributing factor(cause) is…
perhaps the primary factor is that…
but the fundamental cause is that…
1.经济的快速发展the rapid development of economy
2.人民生活水平的显著提高/稳步增长the remarkable improvement/ steady growth of people’s living standard .
3.先进的科学技术advanced science and technology.
4.面临新的机遇和挑战be faced with new opportunities and challenges.
5.人们普遍认为it is commonly believed/ recognized that…
6.社会发展的必然结果the inevitable result of social development
7.引起了广泛的公众关注arouse wide public concern/ draw public attention.
8.不可否认it is undeniable that…/there is no denying that …
9.热烈的讨论/争论a heated discussion/ debate
10.有争议性的问题a controversial issue
11.完全不同的观点a totally different argument
12.一些人…而另外一些人… some people… while others…
13.就我而言/就个人而言as far as i am concerned, / personally,
14.就…达到绝对的一致reach an absolute consensus on…
15.有充分的理由支持be supported by sound reasons
16.双方的论点argument on both sides
17.发挥着日益重要的作用play an increasingly important role in …
18.对…必不可少be indispensable to …
19.正如谚语所说as the proverb goes:
20.…也不例外…be no exception
21.对…产生有利/不利的影响exert positive/ negative effects on …
22.利远远大于弊the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
23.导致，引起lead to/ give rise to/ contribute to/ result in
24.复杂的社会现象a complicated social phenomenon
25.责任感/成就感sense of responsibility/ sense of achievement
26.竞争与合作精神sense of competition and cooperation
27.开阔眼界widen one’s horizon/ broaden one’s vision
28.学习知识和技能acquire knowledge and skills
29.经济/心理负担financial burden / psychological burden
30.考虑到诸多因素take many factors into account/ consideration
31.从另一个角度from another perspective
32.做出共同努力make joint efforts
33.对…有益be beneficial / conducive to…
34.为社会做贡献make contributions to the society
35.打下坚实的基础lay a solid foundation for…
37.无可非议blameless / beyond reproach /above (或beyond) reproach
39.致力于/投身于be committed / devoted to…
41.不可推卸的义务unshakable duty (不可动摇的,坚定不移的)
42.满足需求satisfy/ meet the needs of…
43.可靠的信息源a reliable source of information
44.宝贵的自然资源valuable natural resources
46.方便快捷convenient and efficient
47.在人类生活的方方面面in all aspects of human life
48.环保(的) environmental protection / environmentally friendly
49.社会进步的体现a symbol of society progress
50.科技的飞速更新the ever-accelerated updating of science and technology
51.对这一问题持有不同态度hold different attitudes towards this issue
52.支持前/后种观点的人people / those in favor of the former/ latter opinion
53.有/提供如下理由/证据have/ provide the following reasons/ evidence
54.在一定程度上to some extent/ degree / in some way在某种意义上
55.理论和实践相结合integrate theory with practice
56. …必然趋势an irresistible trend of… irresistible不可抵抗的, 不能压制的
57.日益激烈的社会竞争the increasingly fierce social competition
58.眼前利益immediate interest/ short-term interest
59.长远利益. interest in the long run
60.有其自身的优缺点… has its merits and demerits/ advantages and disadvantages
61.扬长避短exploit to the full one’s favorable conditions and avoid unfavorable ones
62.取其精髓，取其糟粕take the essence and discard the dregs.
63.对…有害do harm to / be harmful to/ be detrimental to /be pernicious to
64.交流思想/情感/信息exchange ideas/ emotions/ information
65.跟上…的最新发展keep pace with / catch up with/ keep abreast with the latest development of …
66.采取有效措施来… take effective measures to do sth.
67.…的健康发展the healthy development of …
68.有利有弊every coin has its two sides.
no garden without weeds.凡事有利弊。
no garden without its weeds.
69.对…观点因人而异views on …vary from person to person.
70.高度重视… attach great importance to…
72.把时间和精力放在…上focus time and energy on…
73.扩大知识面expand one’s scope of knowledge
74.身心两方面both physically and mentally
75.有直接/间接关系be directly / indirectly related to…
76.提出折中提议set forth a compromise proposal
77.可以取代“think”的词believe, claim, maintain, argue, insist, hold the opinion/ belief that
78.缓解压力/减轻负担relieve stress/ burden
79.优先考虑/发展… give (top) priority to sth.
80.与…比较compared with…/ in comparison with
81.相反in contrast / on the contrary.
82.代替replace/ substitute / take the place of
83.经不起推敲cannot bear closer analysis / cannot hold water
84.提供就业机会offer job opportunities
85.社会进步的反映mirror of social progress
86.毫无疑问undoubtedly, / there is no doubt that…
87.增进相互了解enhance/ promote mutual understanding
88.充分利用make full use of / take advantage of
1. i’m wang ming from yuwen school，the president of the student union.
2. an english speaking contest of our school will be held on august 6.
3. there will be a party in my garden on sunday.
4. i’d like to invite you to judge it.
5. i’m writing to invite you to…
6. i wonder if you can come to.
1. it will begin at 2:00 pm and last two hours, during which time 15 well-prepared contestants will deliver their speeches.
2. we will start at 8:00 am and arrive there at 9:00.
3. during the afternoon, we’ll…together.
4. remember to take water and lunch with you.
5. by the way, you may take bus no. 322 in front of your apartment and it will take you directly to the club.
6. i know you are a native speaker of english and an english teacher, and i, on behalf of our school, sincerely invite you to be part of the contest.
1. will you be available during that time?
please contact me at 1234567 at your earliest convenience.
2. would you please let me know as soon as possible if you can accept my invitation?
3. we will feel much honored if you could come.
4. we are looking forward to your coming.
5. i am longing to see you soon.
1. i’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble fitting in your new school. such problems are quite normal. perhaps the following suggestions are helpful.
2. i have received your letter saying you plan to play a visit to china for ten days next month. perhaps the following suggestions are helpful to you.
3. i’m writing to you to present what i think on the further improvement of our hotel so as to attract more clients（顾客）.
4. you have asked me for my advice with regard to how to learn chinese , and i will try to make some suggestions here.
5. i’m very glad to receive your letter asking for my advice on how to fit in the new school life. here are a few suggestions.
6. i’m very glad to have received your e-mail. now i’m writing to give you some advice on how to learn english well in high school.
1. i’d like to suggest that…
2. in my opinion,…
3. if i were you, i would…
4. you’d better do…/not do…
5. it’s necessary for you to read some books about these places before you come to see them with your own eyes. with more knowledge about these places, you will have a better understanding of chinese history and culture.
6. first of all, you should listen to the teacher carefully and take notes in class so that you can go over your lessons as soon as you can after class.
1. i hope these suggestions will be of use to you. remember: where there is a will, there is a way(有志者事竟成).
2. i hope these suggestions will be of use to you. remember: the man who has made up his mind to win will never say “impossible”(一个决心要成功的人从来不说“不可能”).
3. best wishes!
4. i hope that my suggestions are helpful for you anyway. i would be more than happy to see improvement.
5. i believe that you will take my suggestions into serious account. whatever you decide to do, good luck with your studies/work！
6. i sincerely hope my advice will be some help for you. if there is more i can do to help, please let me know.
1. hello, everybody/everyone.
2. ladies and gentlemen.
3. may i have your attention, please? i have an announcement to make.
4. attention, please! i have something important to tell you.
1. there will be a party/speech/contest held by the english department in the hall of the library on saturday evening.
2. in order to welcome our friends from the united states, the student union will organize a party in the school hall on saturday evening, august 15.
3. our school has decided to hold an activity to climb xiangshan hill this sunday.
4. it will begin at 5 pm and last about two hours.
5. the school will arrange several buses to take us there.
6. there will colourful activities then, such as singing, dancing, exchanging gifts with one another and so on.
1. those who are interested in the activity are welcom.
2. those who want to take part in it please sign up at the student union.
3. please come and join in it. everyone is welcom to attend it.
4. remember to take your hats and gloves.
5. remember that we are required hats and water.
6. please come on time and don’t be late.
1. i’m li hua, from class one, senior two.
2. i have read in the newspaper that a secretary is wanted in your company.
3. i read the announcement of the experience life that you have posted on the internet and i am interested in it.
4. i am extremly pleased to see your advertisement for an english tutor（家庭教师/助教）in the newspaper.
5. i am writing to apply for the summer camp in your school.
6. i am writing to tell you that i’m suitable for the job you are advertising.
1. i think i’m qualified for the position.
2. in the first place, i have strong written and spoken communication skills.
3. what’s more, i am well acquainted with the western culture.（be acquainted with 熟悉）
4. last but not the least, i have good personality, and i am independent in life.
5. i think it’s of great use to me. for one thing, i can gain some experience for my future job; for another, i can make more friends.
6. i am sure i can do my best in the job.
1. i will be much grateful if you can give me the opportunity.
2. i hope you can offer me the opportunity.
3. i hope i can be accepted as a member of your summer camp.
4. if you need to know more about me, please contact me at 189……
5. i am looking forward to your early reply.
6. i am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
1. i’m li hua. i feel bad to trouble you but i’m afraid that i have to make a complaint about your restaurant.
2. i’m writing to you to complain about…
3. i want to express my dissatisfaction about the woolen scarf i bought from your company.
1. in the first place, the food is too salty and the water isn’t served in time. in addition, the music you broadcast is too noisy. under these circumstances, i find it hard to sit here having dinner quietly.
2. while i was on holiday in hong kong about a week ago, i bought a green shirt for 300 hk dollars in your shop, but there seems to be something wrong with it. when it’s washed, it fades in colour. now i can’t wear it.
3. it arrived on time the day before yesterday. but when i checked it, i found a hole in the middle. i was astonished because the hole was obvious and i didn’t think you should neglect this deficiency（缺陷）.
4. i have dialed your service number for several times but it was always busy.
5. now this problem keeps worrying me.
6. to improve the situation, you can take the following measures.
1. thanks for your consideration.
2. i hope you will give due attention to this matter.
3. i believe you will take my complaint seriously.
4. i’ll appreciate it if my demand is met.
5. i’m looking forward to your early reply.
①i am truly sorry that ______（道歉的原因）.
②the reason is that ______（介绍原因）. ③once again, i am sorry for any inconvenience caused.
④hope you can accept my appologies and understand my situation.
yours sincerely, li ming
i am writing this letter to express my regret…
i am writing to apologize for…
i would like to give you my apology for…
i am very sorry to say that…
i must apologize about (not) doing sth…
please accept my sincere apology for…
i am writing to say sorry for…
i am terribly sorry, but…
once again, i am sorry for any inconvenience caused.
please allow me to say sorry again.
hope you can accept my apologies and understand my situation.
i sincerely hope that you will be able to think in my position and accept my apologies.
导入： 第1段：recently we’ve had a discussion about whether we should… (导入话题) our opinions are divided on this topic.(观点有分歧)
正文： 第2段：most of the students are in favour of it.(正方观点) here are the reasons. first… second… finally…(列出2~3个赞成的理由)
第3段：however, the others are strongly against it. (反方观点) their reasons are as follows. in the first place… what’s more… in addition…(列出2~3个反对的理由)
结论： 第4段：personally speaking, the advantages overweigh the disadvantages, for it will do us more harm than good, so i support it.(个人观点)
导入： 第1段：some people hold the opinion that a is superior to b in many ways. others, however, argue that b is much better. personally, i would prefer a because i think a has more advantages.
正文： 第2段：there are many reasons why i prefer a. the main reason is that … another reason is that…(赞同a的原因)
第3段: of course, b also has advantages to some extent… (列出1~2个b的优势)
结论： 第4段: but if all these factors are considered, a is much better than b. from what has been discussed above, we may finally draw the conclusion that …(得出结论)
导入： 第1段：提出一种现象或某个决定作为议论的话题 as a student, i am strongly in favour of the decision. (亮明自己的观点是赞成还是反对) the reasons for this may be listed as follows. (过渡句，承上启下)
正文： 第2段：first of all… secondly… besides…(列出2~3个赞成或反对的理由)
结论： 第3段：in conclusion, i believe that… (照应第1段，构成”总—分—总”结构)
（四）“how to 类”议论文模板
正文： 第2段： many ways can help to solve this serious problem, but the following may be most effective. first of all… another way to solve the problem is … finally…(列出2~3个解决此类问题的办法)
结论： 第3段：these are not the best but the only two/ three measures we can take. but it should be noted that we should take action to…(强调解决此类问题的根本方法)